Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stuff You'll Like If You Like My Stuff

Because I lack the marketing gene, it only recently occurred to me that those who enjoy Tales of the Far West would likely also enjoy Master of Devils, and vice versa. I quiver in anticipation of a review that compares "Crippled Avengers" with the Pathfinder Tales novel.

If you aren't already in a steampunk/wuxia mood, a good way to get into it is by firing up the DVD of one of my favorite TV series, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (now available for a price obscenely smaller than that wish I gladly paid on its release). Jason Henninger waxes rhapsodic about the latter at Tor's blog. I feel a strong urge to create a Brisco/Firefly marathon in spring.

Apropos of nothing, my dream TV series would star Nathan Fillion, Bruce Campbell, and Christina Hendricks as members of a globetrotting supernatural salvage team in the 1920s. Guest stars would include Michelle Yeoh, Jean Reno, Mads Mikkelson, and Monica Bellucci.

No comments:

Post a Comment